Monday, January 7, 2013

It's a New Year and our Holiday Party

Well, the holiday season was so busy that I had to put a hold on the blogging, but I am back and determined to be more consistent with by blog.  It is a New Year after all, I am not much for resolutions but I do like the feeling of a fresh start and a few goals in mind.    My only running goals for the year are to run two full marathons and 4 half marathons.  Shouldn't be too hard,  I started training again on Saturday and ran 6.5 miles with my running group.  It's only been a few weeks since I've ran with my group and I forget how much fun it is, not to mention it was a beautiful day --makes you happy to be alive.




       After the run we spent the day getting ready for my work Holiday party that night.  I know you might be surprised that we waited so long for a holiday party but it is very common in restaurants to wait until after the holidays to have your party.  So, we made 1 20 lb. brisket

When I say we, I mean Larry.  I made a pound cake, a carrot cake and this beauty!
This a stick of softened butter, a half cup of mayonnaise, one can of olives (chopped), one can of artichokes(chopped) and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.  Mix all that together and smear it on a loaf of French Bread, bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.  This is a slight changed recipe that I got from www.pioneerwomancooks.com.   She has great recipes AND she's from Northeastern Oklahoma also  (her grandmother taught my parents in elementary school) which makes us .... well nothing.  Anyway, the party was super fun and went on until 3 in the morning.  I, of course did not stay that late, I would die if I stayed up that late.   
Not the best picture of us but it is what it is!!  That was at like 1130 and look how tired I seem.  If it was 3 am I would be dying!
     Sunday, we went to see the movie Django -wow-what a great movie-HOWEVER be prepared to be in the theatre for 3 hours.  We were in there so long I about lost my mind-- really about lost my mind.

Today was Monday!! I got to work and toasted my English muffin and then dropped it on the floor-AWESOME  and thats how my day went.  Was supposed to run an easy 4 miles tonight and I lost track of time and went too far, therefore it was dark on my way home and I had to run under a bridge.....in the dark....  I HATE THAT!!!  I mean I really hate that, if you know me at all you know that I have an irrational fear of running under bridges even in daylight, but in the dark NO WAY.   
    Here's to a New Year and a Great Week!!








No comments:

Post a Comment