Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Just another Tuesday and other stuff!

  It's my first day back to work and boy is that a bummer.  Why is it always so tough to go back to work,  I didn't want to get up this morning so I had to run after work.  It's not as hot as normal but 87 is still not  a fun temperature to run in.
However, I got in a few miles, did a Jillian Michaels DVD, and finished up with 8 minute abs.  Spent some time in the garden,  everything is literally growing faster then I can pick them.  I think I'll try and can some tomatoes this weekend but we will see.  
 This was ready today----

So, I cooked it with my salmon filet--
It was for sure one hot mamba jamba!!!!  I drank 3 glasses of water after eating it!!

     So, It was just another Tuesday- but it's not- it's a yartzeit.  Sundown today marks 3 years since my husband Marcelino died. It's seems like yesterday but yet a lifetime ago at the same time.  This is the first year that I feel I am able to objectively look back at the time in my life and make clear judgements about it. Here is what I have learned--
a. Never underestimated the love and support of your family and friends-. I can never say how grateful I am to the people that were there for the long haul.
(you know who you are)
b. Life is short--LIVE it-- but in a good way- 
c. Work, money, cars, etc.  are not important-People are- I know you hear this all the time but you don't realize it until someone is gone.
d. No matter what happens, you gotta get up and keep going.  The mother of a childhood friend who died in an accident when he was 19, she  told me this.  Believe it or not, as simplistic as it sounds it is simultaneously the best and most difficult advice I received.  When she told me this, I figured if anyone knew, it was her, so I better listen.

There are many more things but I will keep it short and leave it at that.




No comments:

Post a Comment