Monday, July 15, 2013

Lake Taneycomo

Had a great weekend and I am sad that it is over.  Friday night we welcomed the new Rabbi's at Temple with a wine and cheese kiddush after services.  It was nice to see everyone and I loved that services started at 630!!  I was home by 8:30 and ready for bed, which is great because I met my amigas Bridgitte and Hillary and 5:30 on Saturday morning and we ran 4 miles before meeting up with our group at 6:30 to do 6 more miles.  I'm in a new group this time around and it was fun to get to know some new people on the run. This group is faster, which was fine this week, but we only went 6 miles. I'll see how it goes when we get up to 20.
        After the run, I rushed home, took a shower, got Bradley and headed to Lake Taneycomo in Branson.  It takes about 4 hours to get there but I stopped in Springfield to pick up Larry ( he was working there) and we drove the last hour  to Branson to meet my mom and dad, my brother, and my brothers 3 kids.  We had one of those cabins that fit a whole bunch of people, and we were defintely a whole bunch of people. Lake Taneycomo is one of those places where is water is always cold, so cold that you don't even swim in the lake it is stricly for trout fishing.
        We spent the day Saturday relaxing, cooking, and getting acquainted with the area. Suday morning my Mom ( G_d bless her) took all 4 kids to Silver Dollar City.  I went shopping and to the pool, Dad contintued on with his relaxation and Brent and Larry went fishing on the lake.

Hard to see but that is Larry and Brent, they were out for like 6 hours fishing!!  Eventually, Dad and I got a pontoon boat and spent a couple of hours on the lake ourselves and that was fun.  When the kids finally got back we took everyone out on the boat...I made Bradley drive !! 

Last night after all the excitement the kids were a little wound up and this happened--

My nephew, Preston,  he's a funny guy- that Larry's fake Duck Dynasty beard and my sunglasses, he looks remarkably like Phil. Anyway, we got up early this morning and came home, Shadow was so happy to see me he almost threw up....literally.   We had a great weekend making good memories with the fam!!
Just for fun, here is a picture of Shadow and Larry from the weekend before at Greenleaf Lake!
My dog is an idiot or and evil genius, not sure which-  also a picture to show you what I picked from the garden this morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment