Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baking and Recipe Books

My Mom and Dad came over this weekend,( to celebrate my son's 21st bday  good lawd), Mom brought me a recipe book that belonged to my grandmother and I have really been having a good time going through it.   She must have bought it in the early 1970's, I can't realy tell because the first few pages are torn out of it, however there is a section on microwave cooking and one on cooking in an electric skillet, so I can only assume that it was sometime in the early 70's.  

I found all sorts of torn out magazine pages stuck in the cookbook-  it's really fun to decide which recipe my grandmother was using from a torn out magazine page.  Considering how much I adored her cooking I'm pretty sure I can pick out what she was interested in.  

Anyway,  I also have been baking and baking and baking-- I made turtle cookies for oneg Shabbat on Friday, for Cantorial concert on Sunday, Interfaith Lunceon on Monday, and Logan's Valentinte's day party tomorrow.

This is not a great picture, but Larry said that these were the best cookies he ever had!!  They are chocolate cookies with caramel bits, pecans, and chocolate chunks.  I just ate one and they really are good.  I also made homeade snickers bars--- super delicious!!!

This is the second time I've made these homeade snickers bars, they take about two hours to make but it is well worth it!!
       o-k  enough about eating- Had a great day, got my speed training done--5 miles- 1 warm up and 1 cool down with 3 miles of .25 mile splits!!  AND  Today's is my Mom's birthday!!!

        HAPPY BIRTHDAY  MOM, I WISH YOU MANY MANY MORE!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment