Sunday, March 24, 2013

Grand Canyon, working cows, and Passover prep


 I have had and exciting week-  Monday I flew to Albuquerque and met Larry, who has been out there working, and drove to the Grand Canyon. Have you been to the Grand Canyon?  If you have not then I highly suggest that you go? Pictures do not justify the beauty,  it seriously brought tears to my eyes several different times.


 We got there about noon, and hiked to the very bottom of it.  It is one heck of a hike,  I have barely been able to walk all week.

This is Larry doing what he loves most at the Colorado river,  there is a white sand beach at the bottom of the Grand Canyon next to the Colorado River.  Who would have ever guessed?

This is where we slept.  Mainly because we were too tired to go any farther.  It was definitely not a designated camping spot but it worked.  I love to sleep outside- I think I sleep better camping then any other time.

This is was before the hike when I still looked like a normal person. I did not look like this at the end.  I equate this hike difficulty to my first marathon, where it rained the entire time and hailed twice!!!  It is NOT an easy hike. ( Do you like my Duck Dynasty hat?)  Anyway, we got home about midnight on Thursday night and I went ahead and took the weekend off. So, I got to have Shabbat dinner at home, which makes me Happy, happy, happy:)

Saturday, my legs were too sore to run the 18 miles that I was supposed to, so I only ran 5, and then we went to my Mom and Dad's to help him work cows.  This includes vacinations, dehorning, ear clipping, and castration( if necessary).  This is not an easy process, and Dad about sliced his finger off during a castration, so it was an eventful day.   We got a good dinner out of the deal and got to see my parents new kitchen, so a good day was had by all.   oh and my brother, nieces and nephew were there, they are some of my favorite peoples in the world!

Today, is Sunday and tomorrow is the first night of Passover, so I have been very, very busy.  Thoroughly cleaned the house and prepped for tomorrow.  Matza balls, knishes,charoset,boiled eggs,  tomato and mozzarella salad,and  asparagus, all ready.Tomorrow Larry will fix a brisket and we will be ready to go. 
Larry requested a blackberry cobbler, so I made one..... then the dog ate it.... end of story.

On a lighter note.  my good friends had a baby Friday and she is going home from the hospital today.  Super happy for them, What a cutie!!








No comments:

Post a Comment